EFCG main achievements are:
- Regularly in contact with the FDA for GDUFA II;
- cooperation with EGA on common issues;
- A role, through CEFIC, in TTIP;
- Presidency of Rx-360;
- A role in the FMD (Falsified Medicines Directive);
- Regular meetings with the European Commission and EMA;
- Market Survey;
- A successful Annual Dinner;
- Memorandum of Understanding between EFCG and IPEC for excipients.
In 2004 EFCG raised the first red flags about sub-standard Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) entering Europe from India and China. Twelve years on, it appears that risks to patients from non-compliant bad quality APIs have been substantially reduced and that the playing field is levelling out.
EFCG Press Conference CPhI 2015: "API" day for Europe as Big Pharma returns in search of quality (by Dan Stanton)
EFCG Press Conference CPhI 2015: Outlook in Europe for API Manufacturers is positive, says EFCG